Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:7 ESV
In simple words, how would you describe your relationship with your spouse?
If you will reminisce the sweetness of how you have started? Can you feel the same tickle of emotion? Or may I rephrase the question, would you like to feel the same from how you have started?
Long Distance Love Affair Yet Strongly Bonded
Love abounds. No distance can put a gap to people who are deeply in love with each other.
In sickness and in health, despite the challenges, in good times and bad times.
No matter how distant you are from each other…
Oh common….too good to be true!
Knot and Knots of Love
Many things destroy a good marriage. They will, if you will permit them – non-acceptance of who really is your partner, jealousy, discontentment and a lot more knitty-gritty details.
Very Shortly let me share to you what bonds us strongly together.
1. The Love Triangle. We acknowledged God to lead our relationship, the very knot of our marriage. With this love triangle, you can see that the closer we get to God, the closer we get to each other. For things we are undecided, we seek the Bible for wisdom in what to do. The Bible has many practical things we can seek to guide us in our decisions.
- 2. Love Your Husband Because You Love Him and Not Because He Loves You First – this is what we call unconditional love. Acceptance of whoever he is, his strengths and even weakness. Not really looking on outside
- appearance or material things. No thinking of altering him. It will follow naturally. The saying, the more you give, the more you receive applies with
I love how Ephesians 5:25 tell how we should express our love, “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved her… So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loves his wife loves himself.”
As we are now one body, what we show or give to our spouse, we give and show also to our self.
3. Dance with the Music. Trust him wholeheartedly. Believe in his capacity. Do not give room for jealousy or negative thoughts. Support him and be the inspirational woman behind his back for his success.
4. Be Contented and a Wise Home Keeper. So easy to say, please check my article on “Mom, choose to be happy” later to relate more.
With what you have at hand, be thankful and wise to allocate first for the needs and if you have excess for the wants.
5. Stick Together – This is Mark 10:9 says, “What God has joined together, let no one separate. This has been said in line of discussing about marriage and divorce. For some indifferences, signs of weakness to temptations, help your spouse to overcome it. Through thick and thin, carry each other. This is a great self-sacrifice challenge. If you cannot hold on, ask God to intervene. Actually, this will not happen if you let God to intervene from the very first stage of your marriage.
And last advice, pray together as a family. Remember the saying, “A family that prays stick together”.
- Love abounds. It is our gift of God. We can love before He first love us. It is a reflection of how His love for us that we can also love unconditionally.And this is how we can expect to have the tickling feeling with our spouse from beginning to end. There is forever. And we can say, till death do us part.Love triangle is allowed as long as it is God is the third party. With God involved, the more you get close to Him, the closer you get to each other.Love unconditionally, despite the odds. Jealousy, disloyalty, distrust must take no room. Be contented with what is at hand, be a wise home keeper. Stick and pray together.These things are not easy to do with your own effort but with the grace of God bestowed on you.Happy Heart’s Day and Praying For Your Stronger Bond.If you have a question with this topic or any comment, please feel free to write them on the comment section below. I love to answer with you.